THIS COURSE IS CLOSED TO NEW MEMBERS.
Make Money as a Travel Writer
Do you love to write? Do you enjoy traveling to new and exciting places? Would you love to write about your experiences AND make money doing it?
You're in the right place.
My name is Holly Johnson, and I'm a professional blogger and columnist who makes over $225,000 a year through freelance writing alone. In addition to websites like The Simple Dollar and Wise Bread, I also write for travel publications like U.S. News and World Report Travel, Frugal Travel Guy, and Travel Pulse. Plus, I travel about 12 weeks a year. So, yeah, I get around!
While my flagship course, Earn More Writing, focuses on tips and techniques you can use with any freelance writing job, this course is specific to travel writing. We'll dive deep, and I'll show you how to find the best travel writing jobs, score free travel, and turn your travel stories into real dollars.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
Get paid to travel the world!
Earn More Travel Writing shows you how.
Earn More Travel Writing will teach you how to turn your writing skills and love for travel into dollars. During this course you'll learn how to:
- Position yourself as a travel writing expert
- Score free travel and press trip invitations
- Pitch travel editors for paid work
- Use social media to further your travel brand
- Create an online travel persona
- Get paid to write about traveling the world
Module 1: What Is Travel Writing?
- Learn what travel writing is and how it works
- Learn where the paid opportunities are (and where they're not)
- Get an introduction to the concept of "free travel"
Module 2: The Secrets to Getting Paid Travel Writing Jobs
- Learn how to position yourself as an expert
- Find your travel writing niche
- Discover ways to set yourself apart from the crowd
Module 3: Preparing Your Brand for Travel Writing Success
- Using social media to get ahead
- Understand the realities and misconceptions about travel writing
- Learn how to write about places you've never been
Module 4: Press Trips - How They Work and How to Get Invites
- Learn the different types of press trips and how each works
- How to position yourself to get invites
- Using your personal brand to score free travel
Module 5: Secret Tips to Get Ahead in the Travel Writing Game
- How to write about your own trips and tips for telling your own story
- How to pitch travel editors for paid work
- Dealing with public relations professionals
Module 6: Travel Writing Do's and Don'ts
- What you can expect to earn for freelance travel content
- The proper etiquette for asking for free travel experiences
- What to do (and not to do) to attract travel brands to your content
Module 7: How to Fit Travel Writing Into Another Niche
- Using travel writing as a supplement to your other freelance income
- Which niches work well with travel content
- Weaving travel into other stories
Bonus Guide: "How I Got Started as a Travel Writer"
- Read how 25 professional travel writers got started in the field
- Learn their top tips for finding your first paid job
Holly Johnson is an award-winning writer and content creator who practically lives on the web.
In addition to serving as Contributing Editor for The Simple Dollar, Holly writes for well-known publications such as U.S. News and World Report Travel, Personal Capital, LendingTree, Bankrate, Fodor's Travel, and Frugal Travel Guy. Her work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fox News Business, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, CNN, the Indianapolis Star, and other premier publications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore the World as a Travel Writer
Travel writing is an exciting way to see the world and get paid while you do it. However, there is more to the business of travel writing than simply going on vacation and blogging about it.
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro who is looking to add travel writing to your portfolio, Earn More Travel Writing is the course for you.
Thanks so much for your interest, and I can't wait to introduce you to this exciting career!